We are lucky enough to stock the rare earth magnet net keeper made in the USA by Nets That Honor the Fish. If you're wondering what is so special about this particular type of magnet (and why it lends itself so well to fishing net tethers), read on!
Rare earth magnets are a type of permanent magnet made from alloys of rare-earth elements. They are the strongest type of permanent magnets available, with magnetic fields that can exceed 1.2 teslas. This makes them ideal for a wide range of applications, including electric motors, generators, loudspeakers, and hard drives.
Rare earth magnets are made from a combination of rare-earth elements, such as neodymium, dysprosium, and terbium, and other metals, such as iron and boron. The rare-earth elements give the magnets their strength, while the other metals improve their other properties, such as corrosion resistance and melting point.
These special magnets are relatively expensive to produce, but their strength and other properties make them worth the cost in many applications. They are becoming increasingly popular as technology advances and demand for more powerful magnets grows.
Here are some of the benefits of using rare earth magnets:
- They are very strong. This makes them ideal for applications where a lot of force is needed, such as in electric motors and generators.
- They are compact. This makes them ideal for applications where space is limited, such as in loudspeakers and hard drives.
- They are durable. They can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making them ideal for applications where they will be exposed to harsh conditions, such as in the automotive and aerospace industries.
Here are some of the applications of rare earth magnets:
- Electric motors and generators: Rare earth magnets are used in the motors and generators of many appliances and devices, such as electric cars, wind turbines, and power tools.
- Loudspeakers: Rare earth magnets are used in the loudspeakers of many audio devices, such as radios, TVs, and headphones.
- Hard drives: Rare earth magnets are used in the hard drives of many computers and other electronic devices.
- Medical devices: Rare earth magnets are used in a variety of medical devices, such as MRI machines and pacemakers.
- Military applications: Rare earth magnets are used in a variety of military applications, such as torpedoes and guided missiles.
The future of rare earth magnets:
The demand for rare earth magnets is expected to grow in the coming years, as technology advances and more applications are developed for these powerful magnets. This is likely to lead to increased investment in the production of rare earth magnets and the development of new technologies that can make them more affordable.
Rare earth magnets are a valuable resource that has the potential to revolutionize a wide range of industries. As demand for these magnets grows, it is important to ensure that they are produced in an environmentally responsible way and that the supply chain is secure.